Preto versus Branco/ Black versus White

Can you imagine your life in Black and White?

This is my first winter in New York, considering that last year I spent the most of my winter days in Brazil. So, this year I am facing my first winter season in New York and it seems it is being the worst winter from the last 40 years... How am I dealing with this new experience? Well, I can say that it is a complete new experience and I do not want to worry about the "black" side of the winter.

The "white" side is:

- everything is beautiful when the houses are covered by fresh snow, even if the worst and ugliest place in the city seems to be the Cinderella's Chateau
- the New Yorkers love to dress black coats during the winter. The contrast of these black coats in a white place is great, but I still prefer to use my red coat... even if everybody knows I am an outsider
- when the weather is too bad, schools are closed... if I was a child, I would love it!
- your hair freezes when you walk outside... it seems like if you have used your mother's hair lacquer
- to drive on a route covered by snow is really a nice adventure. It remembers me my off roads in Brazil!


Are you curious about the "black" side of the winter? Maybe, if I survived until there, I will tell you...





Comentários

  1. It is a beautiful scenery, but there is a black side like the day after the snow, when we need to clean all frozen snow and mud, when the water freezes in plumbing and we walk in slippery slopes and falls.

    ResponderExcluir

Postar um comentário